NTU Faculty & Staff Housing Management System - Single-room Faculty & Staff Housing
National Taiwan University Directives for the Allocation and Administration of Single-room Faculty and Staff Housing
In accordance with Rule 7 of the Directives for the Allocation and Administration of Single-room Faculty and Staff Housing, each dormitory assignment shall have a contractual duration of at most 15 years, provided that the occupant remains a full-time faculty member of the University. In addition, the maximum duration in which a faculty member may reside in University housing across all dormitory categories is 25 years. The term “University housing” above refers to all housing and accommodation provided by NTU, including New Faculty Housing, Multiroom Faculty & Staff Housing, and Single-room Faculty & Staff Housing.
Full-time faculty, staff, security guards on regular payroll (excluding NTU affiliated organizations), provided that the applicant has never received subsidies or allowances from the government in the purchase of a residential unit (including government subsidies or allowances on loan interests, subsidies on mortgage loans, or the purchase of a discount residential unit built by the government.) and that the applicant is single (or that the applicant was previously allocated a Multiroom Faculty and Staff unit but the following family members were subsequently no longer residing with him/her: spouse, a minor child, a parent or an adult child with disabilities requiring his/her financial support).
- 向計資中心申請帳號及密碼 (即email帳號)。（電話：33665022或33665023）
3. Application procedure: (Dormitory assignment procedure flowchart)
- Apply to the Computer and Information Networking Center for an NTU Mail account (Tel. (02) 3366-5022/5023).
- Faculty & Staff Housing allocates dormitories on a quarterly basis and announces the list of available vacant units between the 1st and 5th days of the months of March, June, September and December. If the 5th day of the month falls on a holiday, the last day of announcement shall be postponed until the following business day. Faculty & Staff Housing may also announce additional dormitory assignments if and when units are freed up and become available.
- To browse the photos and videos of the available dormitory units, applicants may login to the NTU Faculty & Staff Housing Management System when the service is available (we apologize if the system is currently unavailable).
- If you have any questions concerning dormitory assignments during the time the System is available, direct your inquiries to Chief Lin at (02) 3366-3426.
- Eligible applicants may select their preferences online during between the 1st and 5th days of the month when available vacant units are announced. If the 5th day of the month falls on a holiday, the last day of announcement shall be postponed until the following business day
- The list of successful applicants is announced between the 15th and 16th days of the month vacancies are announced. If the 16th falls on a holiday, the last day of announcement shall be postponed until the following business day.
- After the two-day period for the announcement of the list of successful applicants has elapsed, the successful applicants shall sign the dormitory contract within 15 days of receiving the notification.
- After the contract has been signed, the signee shall immediately assume the responsibility for taking proper care of the assigned dormitory.
- The successful applicant shall have his/her dormitory assignment rescinded if he/she fails to sign the dormitory contract before the prescribed deadline in accordance with the NTU Directives for the Allocation and Administration of Single-room Faculty and Staff Housing. The applicant will also be ineligible to apply for any multiroom faculty and staff dormitory units for one year, starting from the next dormitory assignment session.
- 4. The system will be open from the 1st to the 5th days of each of the following months: March, June, September and December, between the hours of 8:00 am and midnight daily, except for the last day, which will be open until only 5:00 pm.
- Users will be logged out after each 60-minute session. Simply login again to complete the application.
- The allocations of dormitory units are based on a point system – the higher the number of points, the higher the priority assigned to the applicant. In the event of a tie, whoever has an earlier employment start date will have a higher priority. If again there is a tie, whoever has an earliest timestamp for their last change in dormitory preferences made on the Faculty & Staff Housing Application System will receive a higher priority.
- As dormitory assignment has now been fully computerized, this system is open to all NTU eligible personnel and the number of points each applicant has accumulated is calculated based on information collected about the applicant one month before each quarterly dormitory allocation session. Therefore, if the list of available dormitory units has been cancelled and an applicant would like to know the number of points he/she has based on his/her salary level and seniority, he/she may login to the system when it is available to view the point information.
- An applicant who has already selected his/her preferences online but would like to change or withdraw them may do so on the Application System by the preference selection deadline.